As of July 20, 2020, the Guelph Grotto has been open to the public. Currently, our hours of operation are:
MONDAY: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
TUESDAY: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
WEDNESDAY: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
THURSDAY: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
FRIDAY: 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
SATURDAY: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
SUNDAY: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
MEMBER MORNING HOURS: 6:00 AM - 9:00 AM Monday - Friday
Climbing during these times is limited to a 50 person max capacity, as per Public Health regulations. Climbers no longer need to book a time slot in advance, but we ask climbers to limit their climb to a two-hour session in order to allow other climbers to visit the gym. If you are curious to how many people are in the gym, give us a call or check the RGPro Connect Mobile App to get a real-time count of the number of people in the gym.
Information on this website is subject to change and may be inaccurate as the COVID-19 pandemic progresses. Make sure to stay up-to-date on our COVID-19 policies, which can be summarized below:
- Wear your climbing clothes to the gym, as no changing is allowed in the gym. Our restrooms are still available if needed.
- Shoes must be worn in the facilities at all times, and closed-toed shoes must be worn on the wall.
- Masks are required while climbers are inactive in the gym, but climbers may remove the masks while going up the wall. This is per Wellington-Dufferin-Guelph Public Health regulations, which you can find here.
- We are currently a liquid chalk-only facility as per CWA’s recommendations – we have Tembo Liquid Chalk for sale at the front desk.
- Social distancing of 2M (6ft) is in effect for climbers who are not in the same social circle.
These policies were decided by management, based on Government and Public Health regulations, and no exceptions can be made by our front desk staff. If there are any questions or comments, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
Have a burning question about our COVID-19 policies? Check out our Covid FAQ where we will be answering some of the most common questions related to the Grotto and COVID-19.